Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Is the Buddha in Hell?

Is the Buddha in Hell?:
A story I heard from a Buddhist Bhante in Bihar, India.

'I sat in a train station waiting for the train and fell asleep. In my dream the train came and the sign said it was going to Heaven. So with delight I got on. When I arrived in Heaven, it was just as I expected Heaven. Soft music, plenty of food, wonderful weather, lots of happy peaceful people. As I walked around, I stopped a man and asked where I could meet the Buddha, Jesus and Mohammed?

The man smiled and asked me go the train station and take the next train. At the train station there was a train waiting and the sign said it was going to Hell. With trepidation I got on.

Upon arriving in Hell, it was also exactly as I expected. Horrible weather, starving people, screeches and noises everywhere. Walking around, I saw Buddha addressing a gathering, I saw Jesus making a garland of flowers and Mohammed was holding a broom and sweeping a courtyard. When Buddha had finished his sermon I expressed my surprise that he, Jesus and Mohammed had not gone to Heaven. He replied, 'Oh, of what use could we be in Heaven. We are here to make Heaven in Hell'.

That is why the Buddha is in Hell.

2 Comments:

Blogger N.S.PADMANABHAN said...

This story was told I remember at PATNA Railway station, by my brother. I would like to publish my story also.
I am trying to do it.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Silversource said...

What a load of rubbish, seriously.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home